Best 23 “Tell Me Three Things” Quotes and FAQs
“Tell Me Three Things” is a heartwarming young adult novel written by Julie Buxbaum. It tells the story of Jessie, a teenage girl who receives anonymous emails from someone claiming to be her new school’s “Somebody Nobody.” These emails become Jessie’s lifeline as she navigates her new school, deals with grief, and tries to unravel the mystery of her anonymous friend. Here are 23 of the best quotes from “Tell Me Three Things” that will resonate with readers, along with some frequently asked questions about the book.
1. “Sometimes, when you’re feeling sad, it helps to look up at the sky and remember how vast the universe is.”
This quote reminds us that even in our darkest moments, there is beauty and hope to be found.
2. “Sometimes the things you’re most afraid of are the things that make you feel the most alive.”
Facing our fears can be intimidating, but it often leads to personal growth and fulfillment.
3. “Life is a series of choices, and sometimes you make the right ones.”
This quote reminds us that even if we make mistakes, we always have the opportunity to make better choices in the future.
4. “It’s not about the destination; it’s about the journey.”
This quote reminds us to enjoy the process of reaching our goals rather than solely focusing on the end result.
5. “Sometimes the best things in life are the ones we never saw coming.”
Life has a way of surprising us with unexpected blessings and opportunities.
6. “Sometimes the hardest part of the journey is believing you’re worthy of the trip.”
Self-doubt can be a significant obstacle, but believing in ourselves is essential for personal growth and happiness.
7. “The right people will always find a way to be in your life.”
True friends and loved ones will always find a way to support and be there for us.
8. “You can’t control the actions of others, but you can control how you react.”
This quote reminds us that we have the power to choose how we respond to challenging situations.
9. “Sometimes the most significant moments are the ones that seem the most insignificant at the time.”
This quote reminds us to cherish every moment, as even the smallest experiences can have a lasting impact.
10. “Sometimes the best conversations are the ones where you don’t have to say a word.”
Silent moments of understanding can be just as powerful as spoken words.
11. “Sometimes the best way to find yourself is to get lost in something you love.”
Engaging in activities that bring us joy can help us discover our true passions and purpose.
12. “Sometimes the people who appear the strongest are the ones who need the most support.”
This quote reminds us to be compassionate and understanding towards others, as everyone is fighting their own battles.
13. “Sometimes the hardest person to forgive is yourself.”
Self-forgiveness can be challenging, but it is an essential step towards healing and moving forward.
14. “Sometimes the best way to heal is to let yourself feel.”
Allowing ourselves to experience and process our emotions is crucial for healing and growth.
15. “Sometimes the best advice comes from unexpected sources.”
This quote reminds us to be open-minded and receptive to advice from unlikely places.
16. “Sometimes the best way to confront your fears is to face them head-on.”
Confronting our fears can be terrifying, but it often leads to personal growth and empowerment.
17. “Sometimes the best way to understand someone is to listen without judgment.”
Listening with empathy and an open mind can help us better understand and connect with others.
18. “Sometimes the best way to find closure is to let go.”
Letting go of the past allows us to move forward and find peace within ourselves.
19. “Sometimes the best way to make a difference is to start with yourself.”
This quote reminds us that positive change begins within ourselves and ripples outwards.
20. “Sometimes the best way to find strength is to lean on others.”
Seeking support from loved ones can help us navigate difficult times and find inner strength.
21. “Sometimes the best way to express yourself is through your passions.”
Engaging in creative outlets allows us to express ourselves authentically and find fulfillment.
22. “Sometimes the best way to find love is to be patient and let it find you.”
Love often comes when we least expect it, and being patient allows it to unfold naturally.
23. “Sometimes the best way to find closure is to create your own ending.”
Taking control of our own narratives allows us to find closure and move forward on our terms.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q: Is “Tell Me Three Things” suitable for all age groups?
A: “Tell Me Three Things” is primarily targeted towards young adult readers, but it can be enjoyed by readers of all ages.
Q: Is “Tell Me Three Things” a standalone novel or part of a series?
A: “Tell Me Three Things” is a standalone novel and does not have any sequels.
Q: Does “Tell Me Three Things” address any sensitive topics?
A: Yes, the book touches on themes of grief, loss, and navigating teenage relationships. However, it does so in a sensitive and thoughtful manner.
Q: Can “Tell Me Three Things” be classified as a romance novel?
A: While romance is a significant aspect of the story, “Tell Me Three Things” explores various other themes such as friendship, personal growth, and self-discovery.
Q: Is “Tell Me Three Things” a fast-paced read?
A: The book has a good balance of character development and plot progression, making it an engaging read without feeling rushed.
In conclusion, “Tell Me Three Things” by Julie Buxbaum is a heartfelt novel that explores themes of grief, friendship, and self-discovery. The quotes highlighted above offer valuable insights and reminders for readers. Whether you are a young adult or an adult, this book has something to offer. So, dive into Jessie’s journey, and you may find yourself reflecting on your own life as well.