Best 23 St. Jane De Chantal Quotes
St. Jane Frances de Chantal, also known as St. Jeanne de Chantal, was a French Roman Catholic saint who lived from 1572 to 1641. She was a renowned mystic, religious leader, and co-founder of the religious order known as the Visitation Sisters. St. Jane de Chantal’s life was marked by her unwavering faith, humility, and dedication to serving others. Her teachings and writings continue to inspire people around the world. In this article, we have compiled a list of the best 23 St. Jane de Chantal quotes that encapsulate the wisdom and spirituality of this remarkable saint.
1. “To live in total surrender to God’s will is to live in peace.”
2. “Do not look forward to what may happen tomorrow; the same everlasting Father who cares for you today will take care of you tomorrow and every day.”
3. “The measure of love is to love without measure.”
4. “If you want God’s grace, you must pray for it every day.”
5. “The greatest kindness one can render to a soul, after God, is to lead it to him.”
6. “We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success; nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.”
7. “We must be patient with everyone, but above all with ourselves.”
8. “Humility is the foundation of all the other virtues hence, in the soul in which this virtue does not exist, there cannot be any other virtue except in mere appearance.”
9. “Do everything through love, and nothing through force.”
10. “Let us do all for him, and he will do all for us.”
11. “Remember that God is within us when we are in a state of grace and outside of us when we are in a state of sin; but His angel never abandons us.”
12. “When we pray, the voice of the heart must be heard more than that proceeding from the mouth.”
13. “Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset.”
14. “Our greatest honor is to live in simplicity and innocence, renouncing our own glory that of others.”
15. “The heart is the measure of all things.”
16. “If we could see the merits which God rewards in Heaven, we would choose to die seeking sufferings rather than live seeking consolations.”
17. “God does not demand that we be successful but that we be faithful.”
18. “Do not be desirous of having things done quickly. Do not look at small advantages. Desire to have things done quickly prevents their being done thoroughly.”
19. “We must not be wise and prudent according to the flesh. Rather, we must be simple, humble, and pure.”
20. “Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself.”
21. “To be what God wants us to be, we must pray as he wills us to pray.”
22. “God who is infinite in all his attributes, is never so amazing as in the works of his mercy.”
23. “The measure of love is to love without measure.”
FAQs about St. Jane De Chantal
Q: Who was St. Jane De Chantal?
A: St. Jane De Chantal was a French Roman Catholic saint, mystic, and co-founder of the Visitation Sisters religious order. She lived from 1572 to 1641.
Q: What were St. Jane De Chantal’s teachings focused on?
A: St. Jane De Chantal’s teachings were centered on surrendering to God’s will, practicing humility, living a life of love and prayer, and serving others.
Q: What is St. Jane De Chantal’s most famous quote?
A: One of St. Jane De Chantal’s most famous quotes is: “The measure of love is to love without measure.”
Q: What is the significance of the Visitation Sisters religious order?
A: The Visitation Sisters religious order, co-founded by St. Jane De Chantal, is known for its emphasis on gentleness, humility, and the practice of the virtues of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
Q: How can St. Jane De Chantal’s teachings be applied to everyday life?
A: St. Jane De Chantal’s teachings encourage individuals to live a life of faith, humility, and love. They emphasize the importance of prayer, patience, and serving others with kindness and compassion.
In conclusion, St. Jane de Chantal’s quotes reflect her deep spirituality, wisdom, and dedication to a life of faith and service. Her teachings continue to inspire people to live a life of love, humility, and surrender to God’s will. By embracing her teachings, individuals can find guidance and inspiration to navigate their daily lives with grace and compassion.