Best 23 Rocky & Bullwinkle Quotes
Rocky and Bullwinkle, the iconic animated series created by Jay Ward, has entertained audiences for over six decades. The witty banter and clever wordplay between the titular characters, a flying squirrel named Rocky and a dim-witted moose named Bullwinkle, have become legendary. In this article, we will delve into the best 23 Rocky & Bullwinkle quotes that have stood the test of time.
1. “Hey, Rocky! Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!” – Bullwinkle
This classic catchphrase is often followed by Bullwinkle pulling something completely unexpected out of his hat, like a lion or even an elephant.
2. “But that trick never works!” – Rocky
Rocky’s response to Bullwinkle’s failed tricks showcases his skepticism and intelligence.
3. “I think we took a wrong turn at Albuquerque.” – Rocky
A reference to the famous catchphrase of Bugs Bunny, this line is often used when the duo finds themselves in a confusing situation.
4. “Now here’s something we hope you’ll really like!” – Narrator
Before every episode, the narrator introduces the show with this catchy line, building anticipation for the audience.
5. “Eenie, meenie, chili beanie! The spirits are about to speak!” – Bullwinkle
Bullwinkle’s attempt at fortune-telling, which often leads to hilarious and unpredictable outcomes.
6. “What, me worry?” – Bullwinkle
A playful nod to Alfred E. Neuman’s catchphrase from MAD Magazine, Bullwinkle uses this line to portray his carefree and naive nature.
7. “I’ve got it! I’ve got it! I’ve got it! I haven’t got it.” – Bullwinkle
Bullwinkle’s repeated failures to catch the “it” in question demonstrate his clumsiness and lack of coordination.
8. “Now here’s a little number I com-posed.” – Boris Badenov
Boris, one of the show’s main antagonists, often introduces his nefarious plans with this line, showcasing his arrogant demeanor.
9. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, it won’t happen again.” – Natasha Fatale
Natasha, Boris’s partner in crime, utters this line whenever she or Boris mess up their schemes, revealing her sly and manipulative nature.
10. “Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!” – Rocky
Rocky occasionally parodies Bullwinkle’s catchphrase, leading to hilarious situations where he actually pulls out a rabbit.
11. “What are you doing?” – Bullwinkle / “I’m trying to think, but nothing happens.” – Rocky
This exchange perfectly captures the dichotomy between the two characters, with Bullwinkle’s simplicity contrasting with Rocky’s quick wit.
12. “Now here’s something you’ll really like!” – Narrator
Similar to the previous catchphrase, the narrator amps up the excitement by promising something truly enjoyable for the viewers.
13. “I’m smarter than the average…” – Bullwinkle
A playful twist on the famous catchphrase of Yogi Bear, Bullwinkle considers himself smarter than the average moose.
14. “Who’s on first?” – Bullwinkle
A nod to the famous Abbott and Costello comedy routine, Bullwinkle’s confusion about the baseball player’s name adds a humorous touch.
15. “I got a million of ’em!” – Bullwinkle
Bullwinkle’s claim that he has an endless supply of jokes, even though they are often corny and predictable.
16. “Say, Rocky, watch me pull a ‘stop’ outta my hat.” – Bullwinkle
This line is followed by Bullwinkle pulling out a stop sign instead of a rabbit, showcasing his knack for unintentional humor.
17. “And now, here’s something we think you’ll really like!” – Narrator
The narrator’s efforts to keep the audience entertained and engaged by emphasizing the enjoyment factor.
18. “Don’t you believe it!” – Bullwinkle
Bullwinkle’s response to outrageous claims made by others, highlighting his skepticism and common sense.
19. “Now here’s something you’ll like even better!” – Narrator
Continuing the anticipation, the narrator promises something even more exciting to come.
20. “I’m not sure which is worse, Boris. Losing our money or our lives.” – Natasha Fatale
Natasha’s sly remark, showcasing her wit and ability to remain calm even in dangerous situations.
21. “Gee, Rocky, what do you wanna do tonight?” – Bullwinkle
Bullwinkle’s simple question to Rocky, often leading to their misadventures and comedic escapades.
22. “I know that voice!” – Rocky
Rocky’s recognition of a familiar voice, often indicating the presence of a recurring character or celebrity guest.
23. “That’s about as funny as a screen door on a battleship.” – Bullwinkle
Bullwinkle’s sarcastic remark, comparing something unfunny to a highly impractical situation.
Q1. When was the Rocky & Bullwinkle series first aired?
A1. The original Rocky & Bullwinkle series, titled “Rocky and His Friends,” premiered on November 19, 1959.
Q2. How many seasons of Rocky & Bullwinkle were produced?
A2. The series consisted of five seasons, with the final season titled “The Bullwinkle Show,” running from 1961 to 1964.
Q3. Who provided the voices for Rocky and Bullwinkle?
A3. June Foray voiced Rocky the flying squirrel, while Bill Scott voiced Bullwinkle the moose.
Q4. Were there any spin-off shows or movies featuring Rocky & Bullwinkle?
A4. Yes, there have been several spin-offs and movies, including “The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle” movie released in 2000.
Q5. Why is Rocky & Bullwinkle considered a classic?
A5. Rocky & Bullwinkle is regarded as a classic due to its clever writing, memorable characters, and its ability to entertain both children and adults with its sophisticated humor.
In conclusion, Rocky & Bullwinkle’s witty banter and clever catchphrases have made them enduring icons in the world of animation. These 23 quotes represent the comedic genius of the series, bringing laughter to generations of fans. Whether it’s Bullwinkle’s failed magic tricks or Rocky’s intelligent retorts, these quotes continue to entertain and remind us of the timeless charm of this beloved animated duo.