Best 23 Quotes About Golf Funny
Golf is a sport that is known for its elegance, precision, and intense concentration. However, it also provides plenty of opportunities for laughter and humor. From famous golfers to comedians, many have shared their funny and witty thoughts about the game. In this article, we have compiled the best 23 quotes about golf that are sure to bring a smile to your face.
1. “Golf is a game in which you yell ‘fore,’ shoot six, and write down five.” – Paul Harvey
2. “Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course — the distance between your ears.” – Bobby Jones
3. “Golf is like a love affair. If you don’t take it seriously, it’s no fun. If you do take it seriously, it breaks your heart.” – Arthur Daley
4. “Golf is a good walk spoiled.” – Mark Twain
5. “The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight.” – Ben Hogan
6. “Golf is a game where the ball lies poorly, and the players well.” – Anonymous
7. “I’m hitting the woods just great, but I’m having a terrible time getting out of them.” – Harry Tofcano
8. “Golf is a fascinating game. It has taken me nearly 40 years to discover that I can’t play it.” – Ted Ray
9. “Golf is a game in which you claim the privileges of age and retain the playthings of childhood.” – Samuel Johnson
10. “Golf is a game that is played by 20 million mature American men whose wives think they are out having fun.” – Jim Bishop
11. “I’m about five inches from being an outstanding golfer. That’s the distance my left ear is from my right.” – Ben Crenshaw
12. “Golf is a game where guts and head collide.” – Louisa May Alcott
13. “If you think it’s hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.” – Jack Lemmon
14. “The reason the pro tells you to keep your head down is so you can’t see him laughing.” – Phyllis Diller
15. “They say golf is like life, but don’t believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.” – Gardner Dickinson
16. “Golf is a game that is played with a ball that is white and dimpled. Little wonder it is so popular with politicians.” – Bernard Hollowood
17. “Golf is a game in which one endeavors to control a ball with implements ill adapted for the purpose.” – Woodrow Wilson
18. “Golf is a game in which you can’t decide whether you are having a good time or not until the very end.” – Robert Lynd
19. “Golf is a game in which the slowest people in the world are those in front of you, and the fastest are those behind.” – Anonymous
20. “Golf is a lot of walking, broken up by disappointment and bad arithmetic.” – Arnold Palmer
21. “The most important shot in golf is the next one.” – Ben Hogan
22. “I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone’s game: it’s called an eraser.” – Arnold Palmer
23. “If you drink, don’t drive. Don’t even putt.” – Dean Martin
FAQs about Funny Golf Quotes
Q: Who said, “Golf is a good walk spoiled”?
A: This quote is often attributed to the famous American author, Mark Twain.
Q: Who said, “Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course”?
A: This quote is from one of the greatest golfers of all time, Bobby Jones.
Q: Who said, “The most important shot in golf is the next one”?
A: The legendary golfer, Ben Hogan, is credited with this quote.
Q: Who said, “Golf is a game that is played with a ball that is white and dimpled”?
A: This quote is from Bernard Hollowood, a renowned British journalist and humorist.
Q: Who said, “Golf is a game where the ball lies poorly, and the players well”?
A: While the author of this quote remains unknown, it perfectly captures the essence of golf.
Q: Who said, “If you drink, don’t drive. Don’t even putt”?
A: This humorous quote is from the iconic entertainer, Dean Martin.
Golf may be a serious and challenging sport, but it also offers countless moments of laughter and amusement. These 23 funny quotes about golf showcase the lighter side of the game, reminding us not to take it too seriously. Whether you are an avid golfer or simply enjoy the occasional round, let these quotes bring a smile to your face and add a touch of humor to your next golfing experience.