Best 23 Prince Quotes On Music
Prince, also known as the Purple One, was an iconic musician and songwriter who revolutionized the music industry with his unique style and virtuoso talent. Throughout his career, Prince shared his thoughts on music and life through his lyrics, interviews, and public appearances. Here, we have compiled the best 23 Prince quotes on music that showcase his brilliance and creativity.
1. “Music is music, ultimately. If it makes you feel good, cool.” – Prince
Prince believed that music transcends genres and categories. For him, the most important aspect of music was how it made you feel, regardless of its label or classification.
2. “I don’t really care so much what people say about me because it usually is a reflection of who they are.” – Prince
This quote reflects Prince’s nonchalant attitude towards criticism. He focused on being true to himself and creating music that resonated with him, rather than worrying about others’ opinions.
3. “A strong spirit transcends rules.” – Prince
Prince saw himself as a rule-breaker, constantly pushing boundaries and challenging societal norms. He believed that true artistry and creativity come from embracing one’s individuality and letting their spirit guide them.
4. “I just want your extra time and your… kiss.” – Prince
This iconic line from his hit song “Kiss” captures Prince’s sensual and provocative lyrics. He had a unique ability to convey intense emotions through his music and lyrics.
5. “The key to longevity is to learn every aspect of music that you can.” – Prince
Prince emphasized the importance of continuous learning and growth as a musician. He believed that expanding one’s knowledge and skills in all aspects of music would lead to a successful and enduring career.
6. “I am music.” – Prince
This simple yet profound statement reflects Prince’s deep connection to music. He identified himself as music, showcasing his passion and dedication to the art form.
7. “A strong spirit can overcome anything.” – Prince
Prince’s resilience and determination were evident in his music and personal life. He believed that a strong spirit could conquer any obstacle or adversity that came one’s way.
8. “Despite everything, no one can dictate who you are to other people.” – Prince
Prince valued individuality and authenticity. He believed that no one could define who you are as a person or artist, and it was up to you to express your true self.
9. “I’m not a woman. I’m not a man. I am something that you’ll never understand.” – Prince
Prince’s androgynous persona challenged traditional gender norms. This quote reflects his refusal to conform to societal expectations and his embrace of his unique identity.
10. “I’m not comfortable being anyone’s idol.” – Prince
Prince was reluctant to be seen as an idol or role model. He wanted his fans to appreciate his music and artistry without putting him on a pedestal.
11. “I don’t really care about fame. I just want to play music.” – Prince
Prince’s primary focus was always on making music rather than seeking fame or recognition. He found joy and fulfillment in the creative process itself.
12. “Music is the healing force of the universe.” – Prince
Prince believed in the transformative power of music. He saw it as a universal language that could bring people together and heal emotional wounds.
13. “I don’t really care about money. I just want to be able to make music and be myself.” – Prince
Prince’s passion for music was never driven by financial gain. He valued artistic freedom and the ability to express himself authentically above all else.
14. “Compassion is an action word with no boundaries.” – Prince
Prince was known for his philanthropy and compassion towards others. He believed that true compassion required action and had the ability to transcend boundaries.
15. “There’s always a rainbow at the end of every rain.” – Prince
Prince’s optimism shines through in this quote. He believed that even in the darkest times, there is always hope and something positive to look forward to.
16. “I’m no different from anyone else. I want love like everyone else. But I get confused easily.” – Prince
This quote highlights Prince’s vulnerability and longing for love. Despite his fame and success, he struggled with the same emotions and uncertainties as everyone else.
17. “Music is the only thing that will save us in the end.” – Prince
Prince saw music as a unifying force that had the power to bring about positive change. He believed that music could transcend societal divisions and heal the world.
18. “Cool means being able to hang with yourself.” – Prince
Prince emphasized the importance of self-acceptance and being comfortable in one’s own company. He believed that being “cool” meant being at peace with oneself.
19. “Time is a mind construct. It’s not real.” – Prince
Prince had a unique perspective on time, believing that it was a human construct and not a universal truth. He emphasized living in the present moment and not being bound by the limitations of time.
20. “I don’t really care how I am remembered as long as I’m remembered.” – Prince
Prince’s main concern was leaving a lasting impact through his music. He wanted to be remembered for his artistry and the emotions his music evoked, rather than how he was perceived.
21. “The beautiful ones, they hurt you every time.” – Prince
Prince’s lyrics often explored the complexities of love and relationships. This quote captures the bittersweet nature of falling for someone who may not be good for you.
22. “Sometimes it takes years for a person to become an overnight success.” – Prince
Prince recognized the importance of persistence and hard work in achieving success. He understood that true success often required years of dedication and perseverance.
23. “We are all here on a journey, and we are all here to learn.” – Prince
Prince believed in the transformative power of life’s experiences and the constant opportunity for growth. He saw life as a journey of self-discovery and learning.
Q: What genre of music did Prince primarily create?
A: Prince’s music encompassed various genres, including funk, rock, pop, R&B, and soul. He was known for his ability to blend different musical styles and create a unique sound.
Q: Did Prince play any instruments?
A: Yes, Prince was a multi-instrumentalist and played several instruments, including the guitar, piano, drums, and bass guitar. He was known for his virtuoso talent and mastery of multiple instruments.
Q: How did Prince influence the music industry?
A: Prince revolutionized the music industry through his innovative approach to music production, his flamboyant stage presence, and his ability to blend different genres. He challenged societal norms and pushed boundaries, leaving a lasting impact on the industry.
Q: How many albums did Prince release?
A: Prince released over 39 studio albums throughout his career. Some of his most iconic albums include “Purple Rain,” “Sign o’ the Times,” and “1999.”
Q: What was Prince’s biggest hit?
A: Prince’s biggest hit was “Purple Rain,” which also served as the title track for his 1984 album. The song became an anthem for his career and remains one of his most beloved and recognizable songs.
In conclusion, Prince was a musical genius who left an indelible mark on the music industry. His innovative style, powerful lyrics, and virtuoso talent continue to inspire artists and fans alike. These 23 Prince quotes on music capture his passion, creativity, and unique perspective on life and art.