Best 23 Morgan Freeman Quotes from Movies
Morgan Freeman is undeniably one of the greatest actors of our time, known for his deep and commanding voice, as well as his incredible acting skills. With a career spanning several decades, Freeman has graced the silver screen with his presence in numerous iconic films. Throughout his career, he has delivered some truly memorable lines that have become ingrained in our pop culture lexicon. In this article, we will explore 23 of the best Morgan Freeman quotes from movies that have resonated with audiences worldwide.
1. “Get busy living, or get busy dying.” – The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
Freeman’s portrayal of Ellis Boyd “Red” Redding in this critically acclaimed film is unforgettable. This line perfectly encapsulates the film’s message of hope and determination.
2. “I am God.” – Bruce Almighty (2003)
In this comedy film, Freeman takes on the role of God, delivering this iconic line with a twinkle in his eye. His portrayal of a divine being is both humorous and profound.
3. “The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.” – Outbreak (1995)
In this thrilling medical disaster film, Freeman injects a touch of humor with this memorable line, highlighting the quirks of human nature even in dire circumstances.
4. “Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.” – The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
This line, delivered by Freeman’s character Red, reflects the film’s central theme of hope and the indomitable human spirit.
5. “The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist.” – Se7en (1995)
Freeman’s portrayal of Detective William Somerset in this gripping crime thriller is intensified by this profound quote, revealing the depths of human depravity.
6. “We’ve always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible.” – The Pursuit of Happyness (2006)
In this inspiring true story, Freeman’s character, Mr. Thomas, imparts wisdom about the resilience and determination of the human spirit.
7. “You measure yourself by the people who measure themselves by you.” – Invictus (2009)
Playing the role of Nelson Mandela, Freeman delivers this empowering line, emphasizing the importance of leadership and inspiring others.
8. “Sometimes the truth isn’t good enough, sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded.” – The Dark Knight (2008)
Freeman’s portrayal of Lucius Fox in this superhero film showcases his ability to bring depth to even the most fantastical characters.
9. “The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules.” – Batman Begins (2005)
Freeman’s character, Lucius Fox, challenges the conventional notions of morality and order in this iconic Batman film.
10. “I find I’m so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it’s the excitement only a free man can feel.” – The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
In this emotionally charged scene, Freeman’s character, Red, experiences the joy of freedom, capturing the essence of the human spirit’s yearning for liberty.
11. “You don’t know what I can do! You don’t know what I can do, what I’m gonna do, or what I’m gonna be! I’m good! I have good things and you don’t know about! I’m gonna be something!” – Lean on Me (1989)
Freeman delivers a powerful performance as Principal Joe Clark, inspiring his students to rise above their circumstances and believe in their potential.
12. “You want answers? I think I’m entitled to them.” – A Few Good Men (1992)
In this courtroom drama, Freeman’s character, Judge Walter J. Schaefer, demands justice and truth, showcasing his unwavering commitment to the law.
13. “The best way to guarantee a loss is to quit.” – Million Dollar Baby (2004)
Freeman’s portrayal of Eddie “Scrap-Iron” Dupris in this boxing film highlights the importance of perseverance and never giving up.
14. “The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.” – The Bucket List (2007)
Freeman’s character, Carter Chambers, delivers this sobering truth in a heartwarming film about embracing life’s challenges.
15. “How do you spur yourself on when your deepest motivation is the fact that there’s nothing left to spur you on?” – Dolphin Tale (2011)
Freeman’s character, Dr. Cameron McCarthy, poses this thought-provoking question in a family drama that explores the resilience of the human spirit.
16. “You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that friends are friends.” – Driving Miss Daisy (1989)
Freeman’s portrayal of Hoke Colburn in this heartfelt film highlights the importance of friendship and human connection.
17. “It’s what you do right now that makes a difference.” – Deep Impact (1998)
Freeman’s character, President Tom Beck, delivers this line in a thought-provoking disaster film, emphasizing the urgency of taking action in times of crisis.
18. “Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free.” – The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
Once again, Freeman’s character, Red, imparts wisdom about the power of hope and its ability to liberate the human spirit.
19. “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.” – Bruce Almighty (2003)
Freeman’s portrayal of God in this comedy film is heightened by this inspirational quote, reminding us that every challenge presents an opportunity for growth.
20. “Sometimes you have to go through hell to get to heaven.” – The Bucket List (2007)
In this heartwarming film, Freeman’s character, Carter Chambers, reflects on the transformative power of life’s trials and tribulations.
21. “Do you know the best thing about broken hearts? They can only really break once. The rest is just scratches.” – Last Knights (2015)
Freeman’s character, Bartok, delivers this poignant line in a medieval action film, shedding light on the strength and resilience of the human heart.
22. “Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth.” – The Bucket List (2007)
Freeman’s character, Carter Chambers, echoes the sentiment of gratitude in this film, reminding us to appreciate the blessings in our lives.
23. “You want to know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That’s the Chicago way!” – The Untouchables (1987)
Freeman’s character, Alonzo Harris, delivers this memorable line in a crime thriller, showcasing his commanding presence and unwavering determination.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q: What is Morgan Freeman’s most famous quote?
A: One of Morgan Freeman’s most famous quotes is from The Shawshank Redemption: “Get busy living, or get busy dying.”
Q: What movie is Morgan Freeman’s “I am God” quote from?
A: Morgan Freeman’s “I am God” quote is from the film Bruce Almighty.
Q: Which movie features Morgan Freeman as Nelson Mandela?
A: Morgan Freeman portrays Nelson Mandela in the film Invictus.
Q: What is Morgan Freeman’s character’s name in The Shawshank Redemption?
A: Morgan Freeman’s character’s name in The Shawshank Redemption is Ellis Boyd “Red” Redding.
Q: In which film does Morgan Freeman play the role of a principal?
A: Morgan Freeman plays the role of Principal Joe Clark in the film Lean on Me.
Q: What is the most inspiring quote from Morgan Freeman’s movies?
A: One of the most inspiring quotes from Morgan Freeman’s movies is from The Pursuit of Happyness: “We’ve always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible.”
In conclusion, Morgan Freeman’s powerful performances and memorable quotes have left an indelible mark on the world of cinema. From the depths of Shawshank Redemption to the heavenly comedic role in Bruce Almighty, Freeman’s words resonate with audiences, offering wisdom, inspiration, and a glimpse into the human spirit’s resilience.