Best 23 Kevin Smith Movie Quotes
Kevin Smith is a writer, director, and actor known for his unique style of comedy and witty dialogue. Over the years, he has created a number of memorable movies that have gained a cult following. From “Clerks” to “Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back,” Smith’s films are filled with hilarious and quotable lines. In this article, we will take a look at the best 23 Kevin Smith movie quotes that have become iconic in pop culture.
1. “I’m not even supposed to be here today!” – Dante Hicks, Clerks (1994)
This line perfectly captures the essence of the slacker culture portrayed in Clerks.
2. “Would you like to make a fuck… I mean, make a movie?” – Holden McNeil, Chasing Amy (1997)
Holden’s accidental slip of the tongue in this scene is both hilarious and relatable.
3. “I’m not gay. But I’ll learn.” – Jay, Clerks II (2006)
Jay’s outrageous and politically incorrect humor shines through in this memorable line.
4. “I’m the clit commander!” – Dante Hicks, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001)
Dante’s attempt to intimidate his ex-girlfriend’s new partner with this bizarre statement is pure comedic gold.
5. “Buncha savages in this town!” – Dante Hicks, Clerks (1994)
This line perfectly sums up Dante’s frustration with the people he encounters while working at the convenience store.
6. “I’m fuckin’ Superman, I can fuckin’ fly!” – Brodie Bruce, Mallrats (1995)
Brodie’s inflated ego and delusions of grandeur are hilariously showcased in this line.
7. “I’m not a lesbian. I hate men, but I’m not a lesbian.” – Alyssa Jones, Chasing Amy (1997)
Alyssa’s sarcastic response to Holden’s assumption about her sexual orientation is a prime example of Kevin Smith’s sharp writing.
8. “Snoochie boochies!” – Jay, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001)
This catchphrase became a signature line for Jay and is often repeated by fans of the film.
9. “You know, there’s a million fine-looking women in the world, dude. But they don’t all bring you lasagna at work.” – Silent Bob, Clerks (1994)
Silent Bob’s rare moment of talking wisdom in the midst of Dante’s relationship troubles is surprisingly profound.
10. “My love for you is ticking clock, BERSERKER!” – Jay, Clerks II (2006)
Jay’s attempt at a poetic declaration of love is hilariously offbeat and nonsensical.
11. “I’m gonna be on you like white on rice, and a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snowstorm.” – Brodie Bruce, Mallrats (1995)
Brodie’s exaggerated expression of his determination to pursue a love interest is both absurd and amusing.
12. “I’m the Jay and you’re the Silent Bob!” – Jay, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001)
Jay’s self-proclaimed superiority over Silent Bob in their iconic duo is a recurring theme throughout the films.
13. “You’re chasing Amy.” – Silent Bob, Chasing Amy (1997)
Silent Bob’s poignant monologue about love and personal growth in this scene is a standout moment in the film.
14. “You know what they say: ‘Fool me once, shame on… shame on you. Fool me… you can’t get fooled again!'” – Holden McNeil, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001)
Holden’s comical attempt at quoting George W. Bush is a hilarious example of Smith’s ability to incorporate real-world references into his films.
15. “What’s the difference between a frisbee and a dog? A frisbee’s easier to put down.” – Randal Graves, Clerks II (2006)
Randal’s morbid sense of humor shines through in this darkly comedic line.
16. “I wanna be just like you. I figure all I need is a lobotomy and some tights.” – Holden McNeil, Chasing Amy (1997)
Holden’s self-deprecating humor adds a layer of depth to his character in this scene.
17. “In a world gone mad, we will not spank the monkey, but the monkey will spank us!” – Jay, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001)
Jay’s nonsensical yet strangely profound statement about the chaos of life perfectly encapsulates his character.
18. “There is no such thing as an appropriate joke. That’s why it’s a joke.” – Holden McNeil, Chasing Amy (1997)
Holden’s defense of his controversial humor reflects Smith’s own perspective on the role of comedy in society.
19. “I’m the master of the clit. Remember this fucking face. Whenever you see clit, you’ll see this fucking face.” – Dante Hicks, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001)
Dante’s awkward attempt at asserting his sexual prowess is both cringe-worthy and hilarious.
20. “I’m Jay, and this my hetero-life-mate Silent Bob.” – Jay, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001)
Jay’s introduction of himself and Silent Bob highlights the unique and endearing bond between the two characters.
21. “Do you know the Klingon proverb that tells us revenge is a dish that is best served cold? It is very cold in space.” – Silent Bob, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001)
Silent Bob’s unexpected wisdom and knowledge of pop culture add depth to his typically silent character.
22. “Sometimes, we just gotta let our dreams go.” – Holden McNeil, Chasing Amy (1997)
Holden’s realization about the importance of accepting reality and moving on is a powerful moment in the film.
23. “I love the smell of commerce in the morning.” – Dante Hicks, Clerks II (2006)
Dante’s sarcastic comment about the less glamorous aspects of working in fast food perfectly captures his disillusionment.
Q: What are some other Kevin Smith movies not mentioned in the list?
A: Some other notable Kevin Smith movies include “Dogma” (1999), “Red State” (2011), “Tusk” (2014), and “Yoga Hosers” (2016).
Q: How many movies has Kevin Smith directed?
A: Kevin Smith has directed a total of 14 movies as of 2021.
Q: Are Kevin Smith’s movies connected?
A: Yes, many of Kevin Smith’s movies are interconnected through recurring characters, such as Jay and Silent Bob, who appear in multiple films.
Q: Does Kevin Smith often appear in his own movies?
A: Yes, Kevin Smith frequently makes cameo appearances in his own films, often reprising his role as Silent Bob.
Q: What is Kevin Smith’s writing style known for?
A: Kevin Smith’s writing style is known for its witty and irreverent dialogue, pop culture references, and often controversial humor.
In conclusion, Kevin Smith’s movies are filled with quotable lines that have become iconic in pop culture. From the slacker humor of “Clerks” to the outrageous antics of “Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back,” Smith’s films are a treasure trove of hilarious and memorable quotes. Whether it’s Dante’s exasperation or Jay’s politically incorrect remarks, these lines have solidified Smith’s place in comedy filmmaking. So, next time you’re in need of a good laugh, remember these 23 Kevin Smith movie quotes that continue to entertain audiences worldwide.