Title: Best 23 “I’m a Great Believer in Luck” Quotes: Embracing the Power of Serendipity
Introduction (100 words):
Luck, often defined as a force that brings about seemingly random and favorable events, has captivated human imagination for centuries. Whether you believe in it or not, luck has the power to influence our lives in unexpected ways. In this article, we present the best 23 “I’m a Great Believer in Luck” quotes that shed light on the enigmatic nature of luck and its impact on our lives. These quotes will inspire you to embrace the power of serendipity and invite more positivity into your journey.
1. “The harder I work, the luckier I get.” – Samuel Goldwyn
Luck often favors those who put in the effort and strive for success. This quote emphasizes the importance of hard work in creating opportunities for luck to manifest.
2. “I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.” – Thomas Jefferson
Similar to the previous quote, Jefferson highlights the correlation between hard work and the abundance of luck. The more one invests in their pursuits, the greater the chances of encountering fortunate circumstances.
3. “Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.” – Seneca
This quote reminds us that luck is not purely random. It arises when we diligently prepare ourselves for opportunities, thus increasing the likelihood of success.
4. “I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more luck I have.” – Coleman Cox
Cox echoes the sentiment of the previous quotes, reinforcing the belief that hard work creates a fertile ground for luck to blossom.
5. “Luck is not as random as you think. Before that lottery ticket won the jackpot, someone had to buy it.” – Vera Nazarian
Nazarian emphasizes that luck is often a result of taking action. It is essential to actively participate in life’s endeavors if we hope to encounter fortunate moments.
6. “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” – Darrell Royal
Royal’s quote echoes Seneca’s sentiment, highlighting the importance of being prepared for the right opportunities to attract luck into our lives.
7. “I believe in luck: how else can you explain the success of those you don’t like?” – Jean Cocteau
This quote playfully suggests that luck can sometimes favor individuals we may not admire, reminding us that luck is impartial and unpredictable.
8. “Luck is not chance; it’s toil. Fortune’s expensive smile is earned.” – Emily Dickinson
Dickinson’s quote emphasizes that luck is not simply a matter of chance but a result of hard work and effort. It is a reward earned through perseverance.
9. “I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.” – Stephen Leacock
Leacock’s quote reiterates the concept that luck is directly related to the level of effort we put into our endeavors.
10. “Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get.” – Ray Kroc
This quote by Kroc highlights the idea that luck is a byproduct of hard work and perseverance. The more effort we invest, the more likely we are to experience fortunate events.
11. “Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure.” – Earl Wilson
Wilson humorously captures the dichotomy between success and failure, suggesting that those who have failed may attribute success solely to luck.
12. “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity, and we are prepared to seize it.” – Oprah Winfrey
Winfrey’s quote underlines the importance of being prepared to seize opportunities when they arise. Luck favors those who are ready to take action.
13. “Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
In this quote, Emerson differentiates between those who attribute their successes or failures to luck and those who believe in the power of causality and action.
14. “Diligence is the mother of good luck.” – Benjamin Franklin
Franklin’s quote suggests that luck is a consequence of hard work, perseverance, and dedication.
15. “The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work.” – Harry Golden
Golden’s quote highlights the notion that hard work can help us overcome difficult circumstances and turn them into favorable outcomes.
16. “Luck is the residue of design.” – John Milton
Milton’s quote implies that luck is not entirely coincidental but rather a result of intentional planning and design.
17. “Luck is not found but made by those who take risks.” – Bernard Shaw
Shaw’s quote encourages individuals to step out of their comfort zones and take risks, as doing so increases the chances of encountering favorable outcomes.
18. “Luck is what you have left over after you give 100 percent.” – Langston Coleman
Coleman’s quote emphasizes the importance of giving our all in every endeavor. True luck emerges when we have exhausted our efforts.
19. “Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity.” – Oprah Winfrey
Winfrey’s quote reiterates the significance of being prepared and ready to seize opportunities when they present themselves.
20. “Luck is not something you can mention in the presence of self-made men.” – E.B. White
White’s quote suggests that individuals who have worked hard to achieve success may not attribute their accomplishments to luck, but rather to their own efforts.
21. “Luck is not chance; it’s toil. Fortune’s expensive smile is earned.” – Emily Dickinson
Dickinson’s quote reiterates the concept that luck is not a matter of chance but a reward earned through hard work and dedication.
22. “In life, you need either inspiration or desperation.” – Tony Robbins
Robbins’ quote suggests that luck can be driven by inspiration or desperation, both of which can lead to transformative moments.
23. “You got to try your luck at least once a day, because you could be going around lucky all day and not even know it.” – Jimmy Dean
Dean’s quote encourages us to seek opportunities and take chances, as luck may be present in unexpected moments.
Conclusion (100 words):
These 23 “I’m a Great Believer in Luck” quotes highlight the multifaceted nature of luck. They remind us that luck is not purely a matter of chance but can be influenced by our actions, perseverance, and preparedness. By embracing the power of serendipity, we invite more positivity and favorable outcomes into our lives. Remember, luck favors those who are willing to work hard, take risks, and be open to new opportunities.
Q1: Is luck solely based on chance?
A1: While luck is often associated with chance, these quotes suggest that it can also be influenced by hard work, preparation, and taking risks.
Q2: Can luck be created?
A2: According to these quotes, luck can be created through diligence, perseverance, and being open to opportunities.
Q3: How can I increase my chances of encountering luck?
A3: By working hard, being prepared, taking risks, and maintaining a positive attitude, you can increase your chances of experiencing fortunate events.
Q4: Can luck turn unfavorable situations into positive outcomes?
A4: Yes, some quotes emphasize how hard work and determination can help turn hard luck into favorable outcomes.
Q5: Should I rely solely on luck for success?
A5: These quotes suggest that while luck can play a role in success, it is important to combine it with hard work, dedication, and preparation for optimal results.