Title: Best 23 Great Leaders Surround Themselves Quote
Great leaders understand the importance of building a strong team and surrounding themselves with talented individuals. They acknowledge that their success is directly linked to the people they choose to surround themselves with. In this article, we will explore the best 23 quotes that highlight the significance of a leader’s ability to build a great team.
1. “Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher.”
– Oprah Winfrey
Oprah Winfrey emphasizes the importance of surrounding oneself with individuals who inspire and motivate personal growth.
2. “The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.”
– Phil Jackson
Former NBA coach Phil Jackson emphasizes the interdependence between team members and how their collective strength contributes to overall success.
3. “The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants to be done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it.”
– Theodore Roosevelt
Theodore Roosevelt highlights the importance of delegating tasks to capable individuals and allowing them the freedom to excel.
4. “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”
– African Proverb
This African proverb emphasizes the power of teamwork and collaboration in achieving long-term success.
5. “Great leaders are willing to sacrifice their own glory for the sake of the team’s success.”
– John Wooden
John Wooden, the renowned basketball coach, emphasizes that true leaders prioritize the success of their team over personal recognition.
6. “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.”
– John C. Maxwell
John C. Maxwell emphasizes that leaders must not only lead by example but also guide their team members towards the right direction.
7. “The strength of a team lies in the diversity of its members.”
This quote reminds us that diversity within a team brings a variety of perspectives and strengths, leading to innovative solutions.
8. “Surround yourself with people who are smarter than you.”
– Henry Ford
Henry Ford acknowledges that surrounding oneself with intelligent individuals fosters growth and promotes success.
9. “None of us is as smart as all of us.”
– Ken Blanchard
Ken Blanchard emphasizes the power of collective intelligence and how a team’s combined knowledge exceeds that of any one individual.
10. “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.”
– Jim Rohn
This quote by Jim Rohn highlights the influence that our closest companions have on our personal and professional growth.
11. “Great leaders don’t set out to be a leader; they set out to make a difference. It’s never about the role; it’s always about the goal.”
– Lisa Haisha
Lisa Haisha stresses that true leaders are driven by a desire to make a positive impact, rather than seeking power or authority.
12. “Surround yourself with positive people who will support you in your goals.”
This quote reminds us of the importance of surrounding ourselves with individuals who believe in our vision and offer unwavering support.
13. “You can’t do it all alone. Don’t be afraid to rely on others to help you accomplish your goals.”
– Oprah Winfrey
Oprah Winfrey highlights the significance of seeking help and support from others to achieve our objectives.
14. “You don’t need a title to be a leader.”
– Mark Sanborn
Mark Sanborn emphasizes that leadership is not defined by a title but by one’s ability to influence and inspire others.
15. “The key to successful leadership is influence, not authority.”
– Kenneth H. Blanchard
Kenneth H. Blanchard emphasizes that leadership is not about commanding others but about inspiring them to follow through influence.
16. “Surround yourself with those who believe in your dreams and encourage you to achieve them.”
– Roy T. Bennett
Roy T. Bennett highlights the importance of having a supportive network that encourages us to pursue our dreams and aspirations.
17. “A leader is one who knows the way, shows the way, and goes the way.”
– John C. Maxwell
John C. Maxwell reiterates the significance of leading by example and actively participating in the journey alongside the team.
18. “Great leaders are like eagles; they don’t flock, you find them one at a time.”
This quote reminds us that great leaders are individuals who stand out due to their exceptional qualities and leadership skills.
19. “The true test of leadership is how well you function in a crisis.”
– Brian Tracy
Brian Tracy highlights that leadership qualities are truly tested during challenging times when decisions and actions matter the most.
20. “Leadership is not about being in charge. It is about taking care of those in your charge.”
– Simon Sinek
Simon Sinek emphasizes that leadership involves nurturing and supporting those under your guidance, rather than exercising control.
21. “A leader’s job is not to do the work for others, but to help others figure out how to do it themselves.”
– Simon Sinek
Simon Sinek emphasizes that leaders should focus on empowering their team members to develop their skills and abilities.
22. “Surround yourself with the dreamers and the doers, the believers and the thinkers. But most of all, surround yourself with those who see the greatness within you even when you don’t see it yourself.”
– Edmund Lee
Edmund Lee highlights the importance of surrounding oneself with individuals who see and nurture our potential, even during moments of self-doubt.
23. “You are only as strong as your team.”
This quote reminds us that a leader’s strength lies in the collective abilities and contributions of their team members.
The wisdom encapsulated in these 23 quotes underscores the importance of building a strong team for effective leadership. Surrounding oneself with talented, motivated, and diverse individuals not only enhances personal growth but also contributes to the overall success of any endeavor.
Q1. How can surrounding myself with great team members benefit me as a leader?
A1. Surrounding yourself with great team members offers numerous benefits, such as diverse perspectives, collective intelligence, increased productivity, and shared responsibilities. It also allows you to delegate tasks, foster innovation, and focus on strategic decision-making.
Q2. Why is diversity within a team important?
A2. Diversity within a team brings different viewpoints, experiences, and expertise to the table. This fosters creativity, problem-solving, and overall team effectiveness. Embracing diversity also promotes inclusivity and a broader understanding of various cultures and perspectives.
Q3. How can I identify individuals who align with my vision and goals?
A3. Look for individuals who share similar values, exhibit dedication and passion, possess relevant skills, and demonstrate a strong work ethic. Networking, conducting interviews, and seeking recommendations from trusted sources can help you identify potential team members who align with your vision and goals.
Q4. How can I develop leadership skills to effectively lead my team?
A4. Developing leadership skills involves continuous learning, self-reflection, and seeking feedback. Engaging in leadership development programs, reading books, attending seminars, and seeking mentorship from experienced leaders can all contribute to enhancing your leadership abilities.
Q5. Can anyone become a leader?
A5. Absolutely! Leadership is not limited to a specific title or position. Anyone with the willingness to learn, a desire to inspire others, and a commitment to personal growth can become a leader. Remember, leadership is about influencing others positively and making a difference, regardless of your role or position.