Best 23 Coming Of Age Movie Quotes
Coming of age movies have the incredible power to resonate with viewers, capturing the essence of growing up and finding one’s place in the world. These films often provide us with memorable quotes that encapsulate the struggles, triumphs, and self-discovery that come with adolescence. In this article, we have compiled a list of the 23 best coming of age movie quotes that have made a lasting impact on audiences.
1. “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” – Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986)
2. “Don’t let anyone ever make you feel like you don’t deserve what you want.” – 10 Things I Hate About You (1999)
3. “The only person that can keep you from being happy is you.” – The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012)
4. “It’s not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.” – Batman Begins (2005)
5. “You have to do everything you can, you have to work your hardest, and if you do, if you stay positive, you have a shot at a silver lining.” – Silver Linings Playbook (2012)
6. “We accept the love we think we deserve.” – The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012)
7. “Sometimes things have to fall apart to make way for better things.” – The Spectacular Now (2013)
8. “You have to find something that you love enough to be able to take risks, jump over the hurdles, and break through the brick walls that are always going to be placed in front of you.” – The Pursuit of Happyness (2006)
9. “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” – The Karate Kid (1984)
10. “I don’t know anyone who could get through the day without two or three juicy rationalizations.” – Empire Records (1995)
11. “You’re not perfect, sport, and let me save you the suspense: this girl you’ve met, she’s not perfect either. But the question is whether or not you’re perfect for each other.” – Good Will Hunting (1997)
12. “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.” – Moulin Rouge! (2001)
13. “The hardest thing in this world is to live in it.” – Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992)
14. “You see things, and you understand. You’re a wallflower.” – The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012)
15. “You can’t blend in when you were born to stand out.” – Wonder (2017)
16. “I wish there was a way to know you’re in the good old days before you’ve actually left them.” – The Office: Finale (2013)
17. “You have to break a few eggs to make an omelette.” – The Breakfast Club (1985)
18. “Your identity is your most valuable possession. Protect it.” – The Incredibles (2004)
19. “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.” – The Pursuit of Happyness (2006)
20. “You can’t let anyone define your limits because of where you come from. Your only limit is your soul.” – Ratatouille (2007)
21. “You don’t know what you’re capable of until you try.” – The Fault in Our Stars (2014)
22. “Sometimes it’s the people no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.” – The Imitation Game (2014)
23. “Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.” – The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008)
Q: What makes coming of age movies so impactful?
A: Coming of age movies often explore universal themes of self-discovery, identity, and navigating through the challenges of adolescence. These themes resonate with viewers as they evoke memories of their own formative years and provide a sense of nostalgia.
Q: Are coming of age movies only for teenagers?
A: No, coming of age movies appeal to people of all ages. While the stories primarily revolve around teenagers, the themes explored in these films are relatable to anyone who has experienced personal growth, self-reflection, and life transitions.
Q: Are there any recent coming of age movies worth watching?
A: Absolutely! Recent coming of age movies such as “Lady Bird” (2017), “Eighth Grade” (2018), and “The Edge of Seventeen” (2016) have received critical acclaim for their authenticity and relatability.
Q: What sets coming of age movies apart from other genres?
A: Coming of age movies often focus on the emotional journey of the protagonist, capturing the complexities of adolescence and the transformation that occurs during this period. These films offer a unique blend of humor, heart, and relatability that distinguishes them from other genres.
Q: Can coming of age movies teach valuable life lessons?
A: Absolutely! Coming of age movies often impart valuable life lessons, ranging from embracing individuality and pursuing dreams to overcoming adversity and learning from mistakes. These films can inspire viewers and provide them with a fresh perspective on their own lives.
In conclusion, coming of age movies offer a profound exploration of the human experience, and their memorable quotes encapsulate the trials and triumphs of growing up. Whether you’re a teenager navigating the complexities of adolescence or an adult reflecting on your own journey, these films and their quotes have the power to resonate with us all.