Title: Best 23 Arsenio Hall “Things That Make You Go Hmmm” Quotes
Arsenio Hall, the charismatic American comedian, actor, and talk show host, has left an indelible mark on the entertainment industry. During his tenure as the host of “The Arsenio Hall Show” in the late 1980s and early 1990s, Hall became renowned for his witty remarks, engaging interviews, and thought-provoking monologues. Among his notable contributions to pop culture are his memorable “Things That Make You Go Hmmm” quotes. In this article, we have compiled the best 23 quotes that will surely make you ponder. So, let’s dive into these thought-provoking quips that have entertained and enlightened audiences for decades.
1. “Did you ever notice that the first piece of luggage on the carousel never belongs to anyone?”
2. “Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?”
3. “Why is it called a ‘building’ when it’s already built?”
4. “Why do banks leave their doors wide open but chain their pens to the counter?”
5. “If a word is misspelled in the dictionary, how would we ever know?”
6. “Why is the third hand on the watch called the second hand?”
7. “Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called ‘rush hour’?”
8. “Why is the man who invests all your money called a ‘broker’?”
9. “Why is it that when we transport something by car, it’s called a ‘shipment,’ but when we transport something by ship, it’s called ‘cargo’?”
10. “Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways?”
11. “Why is an alarm clock going ‘off’ when it actually turns on?”
12. “Why do we recite at a play and play at a recital?”
13. “Why are they called apartments when they’re all stuck together?”
14. “Why do we call it ‘after dark’ when it’s really ‘after light’?”
15. “Why do banks charge you a ‘non-sufficient funds fee’ on money they already know you don’t have?”
16. “Why do they call them ‘apartments’ when they’re all connected?”
17. “Why do they sterilize needles for lethal injections?”
18. “Why do they put Braille dots on the keypad of the drive-up ATM?”
19. “Why are there interstate highways in Hawaii?”
20. “If the #2 pencil is so popular, why is it still #2?”
21. “Why is it that you must wait until nighttime to call someone a night owl?”
22. “Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?”
23. “Why is the word ‘abbreviation’ so long?”
1. When did Arsenio Hall host “The Arsenio Hall Show”?
Arsenio Hall hosted his talk show from 1989 to 1994. It gained immense popularity for its diverse and engaging content.
2. What other achievements is Arsenio Hall known for?
Apart from hosting his talk show, Arsenio Hall is also recognized for his appearance on the reality TV show “Celebrity Apprentice,” where he finished as the winner in 2012.
3. Are these quotes from his talk show?
Yes, these quotes were part of Arsenio Hall’s monologues during his time as a talk show host. They showcase his unique comedic style and ability to make audiences ponder.
4. Can I find videos of Arsenio Hall’s show online?
Yes, many episodes and clips from “The Arsenio Hall Show” are available on various online platforms, including YouTube.
5. Did Arsenio Hall make a comeback in recent years?
Yes, Arsenio Hall made a comeback with a new talk show, “The Arsenio Hall Show,” which aired from 2013 to 2014. However, it did not achieve the same level of success as his previous show.
Arsenio Hall’s “Things That Make You Go Hmmm” quotes continue to captivate audiences to this day. Through his unique ability to shed light on everyday paradoxes and ironies, Hall brought laughter and contemplation into our lives. Whether he was questioning linguistic oddities or societal contradictions, his quips always left us amused and introspective. The legacy of Arsenio Hall’s humor lives on, reminding us that the simplest questions can often lead to the most intriguing revelations.